The Mission of Heart of Texas Peace Corps Association (HoTPCA) has three components, one of which is to “support sustainable community-building projects both locally and overseas.”
In an effort to fulfill our mission, HoTPCA has established a Grants Program to support development projects consistent with the Peace Corps spirit and goals.
Grants to currently serving Peace Corps Volunteers must be made through the Peace Corps Partnership Program. Volunteers are encouraged to notify HoTPCA of their proposal. Returned Peace Corps Volunteers may apply directly to support a project in their country of service through an NGO or Friends program. HoTPCA will also consider funding grants to local community organizations that meet our criteria. Preference is given to applicants from the state of Texas. Guidelines and applications are accessible through the links on this page.
The idea of Investing in a Peaceful World resonates with returned volunteers who have seen firsthand the poverty and struggles in undeveloped countries. Monies to fund our Grants Program come from our calendar sales and donations. Please consider supporting our efforts by making a donation today.
HoTPCA Funded Projects
- Community Library Project, Ghana, 2017 (A. Espanet)
- Marine Sanctuary Revitalization Project, Phillipines, 2017 (N. Broquet)
- Camp GLOW, Ukraine, 2017
- Camp MASCOT, Ukraine, 2017
- Women’s Committee: Constructing Traditional Fogons, Paraguay, 2017
- Girls Ride Bikes, Thailand, 2016
- Youth Boys Gender Equality Camp (CHACA), Nicaragua, 2015
- BREW (Boys Respecting Empowered Women) Crew, Cambodia, 2013
- Desta Dairy and Egg Farm, Ethiopia, 2013
- Environmentally Friendly Kitchen, Tanzania, 2013
- Stoves Savings Lives, El Salvador, 2011
- Storage Facility for Artisans, Senegal, 2010
- Scholarships, Ecuador, 2009
- Conquering Pico Duarte, Dominican Republic, 2009